"We encourage submissions that have a strong commercial bent especially in the genres of action adventure, drama, romance, comedy and thrillers," said Junaid Ahmed from Fineline Productions.
Application should include the following:
- 1 page story synopsis
- 1 page project motivation
- 1 page bio of key personnel (Writer/Producer/Director)
No applicants will be considered unless the following criteria are met:
- The Writer/s, Producer and Director must be black.
- Writers : must have authored at least one dramatic fictional work which has been accepted for publication OR must have written at least one script of no less than 24 minutes which has been produced OR must have graduated from an accredited film school (with good references) or the NFVF writers' programme.
- Directors: must have directed at least one fictional short film OR two episodes of a television drama which has been accepted for broadcast OR a feature film which has been accepted either for distribution or screening by an accredited film festival.
- Producers: must have a track record of working at least two years in the film and/or television industry. Experience in production, production accounting, distribution, writing or directing will lend weight to this application.
Based on these applications, selected applicants will be required to pitch their projects to a panel. Pitching of projects will take place in Johannesburg at a date to be confirmed.
Application Deadline: Monday 10 September 2012
Fineline (Slate Productions)
Enquiries or electronic submission: email@example.com
About the Fineline Slate Programme:
Fineline Productions, in association with the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), will be developing nine feature projects and producing three of these within three years. If the selected project does not have a director/producer attached, Fineline Productions will appoint people to these positions. The successful project/s pitched will undergo a strong development process, especially in the areas of writing, directing and producing.