The CNC will be attending the Durban International Film Festival (DIFF) with French producers and projects in the hope of finding South African partners to co produce on these films. Supported by the National Film and Video Foundation, DIFF will take place from the 19th until the 29th of July 2012.
Criteria for call for call for producers to attend the CNC co-production forum at DIFF
For several years, France has been engaged in a series of reciprocal Seasons with its key international partners (China, Japan, India, Turkey, Russia and Brazil among others). With South Africa, this will be the first time that a sub-Saharan country is involved in the Seasons with France.
The goal of these Seasons is to improve mutual understanding and contribute to the diversification of France's image in South Africa and South Africa's image in France by emphasizing the modernity and values that the two countries share.
The Producers must be experienced and satisfy the following criteria:
- Have at least three feature projects (in production with full finance secured /completed)
- Have a registered production company
- Have a firm and informed understanding of finance structures and incentives
- Understanding of legal processes (contracts/co-production agreements)
- Knowledge of international markets (festivals, markets, sales)
Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by 17 July 2012.
To apply for participation at the CNC Forum email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on France-South Africa Seasons 2012 & 2012 visit www.france-southafrica.com