3rd ANNUAL SPEED DATING SESSION AT THE 2019 DURBAN FILM MART
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) invites all eligible filmmakers to submit proposals for the 3rd Annual Speed Dating Session that will be taking place during the Durban Film Mart, 19-22 July 2019, during the 40th Durban International Film Festival.
The NFVF will host a speed dating session on the 20th of July 2019. This session specifically aims to create a platform for South African producers with developed projects to meet with local and international producers, distributors and programmers, local and international funding agencies; and find potential partners by pitching their projects for either production or sales.
In order to be considered for the speed dating session, the submitted project must meet the following eligibility criteria:
The application is for feature-length film projects only – fiction and non-fiction – (80 minutes minimum) and animation projects (feature and TV series).
· Projects must have a director and producer attached to it.
· Producers and directors must be South African citizens.
· Previous industry experience is required. The director and producer must have experience in their respective roles with no less than one feature film for the producer and at least two short films for the director (Tier 2 filmmakers). Tier 1 filmmakers will be considered too.
· The project must be fully developed and relevant for local and international markets.
To apply, send your complete application by email to email@example.com. Applications must include the following:
• Cover letter
• Synopsis of project
• Director’s treatment
• Full script
• Director and Producer profiles
• Tentative budget
• Finance Plan
Deadline for applications is the 23rd of June 2019. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by the 3rd of July 2019.
The NFVF will cover flights and accommodation (one night ONLY) for one participant per project.