The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa's film and video industry. We do this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers. In addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
Our main objectives:
- Increase the number of South African films and Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDIs) producing them
- Increase audience access to South African films
- Increase the number of people trained in the industry, particularly in areas of scarce skills
- Promote the South African Film Industry locally and internationally
- Promote social cohesion and the expression of the nation's stories through film