Mission, Vision, and Values
The National Film and Video Foundation is an agency of the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa's film and video industry.
To collaborate with all stakeholders to enable the development and promotion of a transformed and thriving audiovisual industry.
To be a world-class development and funding agency committed to nurturing, promoting and protecting South Africa’s film and television industry. We harness the strength of South Africa’s diversity to transform our sector and deliver a flourishing audio-visual economy to the benefit of all.
Integrity, Respect, Equitable, Innovation, Collaborative, Service Centric and Professionalism
• Increase the number of South African films and Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDIs) producing them
• Increase audience access to South African films
• Increase the number of people trained in the industry, particularly in areas of scarce skills
• Promote the South African Film Industry locally and internationally
• Promote social cohesion and the expression of the nation's stories through film