The National Film and Video Foundation Council calls for nominations of individuals to serve as members in the Advisory Panel
Panels of the National Film and Video Foundation in Accordance with the NFVF Act, 73 of 1997. The Advisory Panel members will fulfil the statutory role to advise the Council on the merits of Applications for Grants and on any matter relating to the South African Film/Television /Electronic Media or any other relative field to which the Council deems essential.
Members shall be nominated by any member of the public. Individuals are encouraged to self-nominate and nominations from other individuals and groups are also invited. Nominees who will enhance the diversity of the advisory panels are particularly encouraged to apply.
Advisory panels shall consist of not more than five persons who have achieved distinction or have special knowledge or experience in the applicable Sector. A member of an advisory panel shall hold office for a period not exceeding two years and may be appointed on the same or different panel after a further two years has lapsed.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
Persons eligible for nomination must be competent, suitably qualified and have proven experience in the South African Film, Television, Audio-Visual and/or Electronic Media.
Advisory Panel members will be expected to assist the NFVF Council in the following Development Areas:
- Application for Individual Bursaries and Grant Allocation for Education and Training.
- Grant Allocation for the production of Film, TV, and/or Audio-visual products.
- Grant Allocation for Marketing and Distribution of Film, TV, Audio-visual products
- Nominees must have an understanding of the Film, Television and Electronic Media Sector;
- OR have Special knowledge and Experience in the Fields of Television and Film Making;
- OR have Special knowledge in Grant Allocation processes;
- OR have proven experience in the Film / Television / Audio-Visual / Marketing skills;
- OR have knowledge of Broadcast Technology
- OR have experience in Education and Training
SELECTION OR APPOINTMENT OF ADVISORY PANELS:
- Letters of nomination should clearly describe the candidate's specific expertise and qualifications related to the criteria above. Nomination materials should include a letter from the nominee indicating willingness to serve for at least two years, a brief statement of the nominee's qualifications, and a current curriculum vitae.
- Nominations should be forwarded by E- Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, the 03rd May 2016, at 12h00 Midday.
Please note that late nominations will not be considered and no exceptions will be made.